Risk is always present in our lives. Always. It is pretty obvious that every action has consequences good and bad, and thus it's apparent that every action involves risk. Think about Freakonomics, since we've all read it. There are incentives to every action, a reward that would make it worth doing. It only makes sense that there are negative results of the actions that happen as well. Also note that both "positive" and "negative" incentives are not often guaranteed, and that's where risk comes in.
Every time we make a choice in life, it's after some consideration of whether the possible benefits outweigh the possible undesirable consequences (These considerations are usually hasty or short-sighted, but that's not what I'm gonna talk about. Sorry; just keep it in mind, I guess. Meditate on it.). We make a surprising amount of choices every day, so we're almost always calculating risk. For instance:
Choice: Should I format my title the same way I format my acknowledgement of sexual innuendos?
Incentive: It'll be funny to me and anyone that's heard me use a similar joke, especially because it's going on Cardona's blog.
Risk: If no one's heard it, the joke will fall on deaf ears. Also, I may get in trouble.
So, to mix things up a little, I DARE you to think of an action that doesn't involve incentives or risk and put it in the comments so I can prove you wrong. Or severely edit my post.
No comments:
Post a Comment