Sunday, September 11, 2011

Why I Blog

     I believe the first thing that needs to be said about this blog is that I only created it as a project for my AP Language and Composition class. I think Facebook should be sufficient for talking to other people, but I'm open to the experience of blogging and I'm hoping I won't be too disappointed.
     I've seen a few blogs before I began this project, and many of them were simply journals of the creator's life. I'm sure the creators are nice people, but I'm oblivious as to why they would expect another person to regularly donate time (that could spent truly living) to read about the exploits of a relatively average person. Therefore, I will only share personal experiences on this blog if they are significant to whatever I'm discussing.
     I'm not totally sure about what I will be writing about on this page, but I'm heavily considering philosophy. Philosophy is interesting that it exists almost solely to be discussed, and a blog seems like the perfect way to discuss it; blogs are organized; every post made can be found in one spot; and, most importantly, blogs are free for the writer and the reader. Regardless, this blog will not be a plea for attention, but rather either a service (perhaps like the Philip DeFranco Show) or simply a place where people can consider other ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment